Reading: Mark 9:1-8
What did the transfiguration mean for the disciples then?
- There is no understanding of the Jewish scriptures without Jesus being at the centre.
- Jesus’ teaching was not some new fangled idea, but a continuation of the law and prophets
- Confirmation that Jesus was divine.
What is the Lord saying to us today?
- Something about idolatry
- Something about the importance of listening
Why should we listen to Jesus?
- Because He’s the source of everything! (Acts 17:24-25, Col 1:15-16)
- He is God’s King! (Rev 19:16)
- He is worthy! (Rev 5:12)