Power And Authority For Ministry (Luke 9:1-17)
Power(dunamis) is strength.
Authority (exousia)is the right to use that power.
1. Power and authority are from God.
- Luke 9:1-2
- Jesus sends His disciples out to represent Him, to preach His word and do His works with His power and authority.
2. So that we are more than overcomers.
- The works of the disciples demonstrate God’s power and authority, strong and fruitful, the multitudes pay attention to their Lord.
- Luke 9:7
- Mat 16:13-19
- Mat 28:18-20
- God’s power and authority still follow after us as we preach the Gospel today, enhancing us more than enough to overcome God’s enemy.
3. So that we are blessed.
- God always receives those who seek Him.(Luke 9:11)
- If we are able to recognize the all sufficient God, we would be able to source from Him and pass on His supplies to others.(Luke 9:13)
As long as we are willing to offer into God’s hand, though the gift is small,
God will multiply it to be a blessing of many. (Luke 9:16-17)