What Would Bring You Peace (Luke 19:28-44)
- In the historical triumphal entry of Jesus into Jerusalem, He wept over it and said this, the things that give Jerusalem peace was now hidden from their eyes.
- Luke 19:42-43 – saying, “If you had known, even you, especially in this your day, the things that make for your peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes.
- What are the things hidden from the eyes of the people?
1. The time of God’s coming was not recognized.
- Zechariah 9:9 – Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your King is coming to you; He is just and having salvation, Lowly and riding on a donkey, A colt, the foal of a donkey. NKJV
- God became man.
- He holds the power and authority both in heaven and on earth to judge and to save.
- By His grace He withheld His judgment on sinners to be the Savior of the world
2. What would bring you peace?
- Psalms 49:7-9 – No man can redeem the life of another or give to God a ransom for him — the ransom for a life is costly, no payment is ever enough — that he should live on forever and not see decay. NIV
- God became man so that He can pay the ransom for sinners.
- The suffering of Jesus the Lamb of God is enough to pay the costly ransom payment of sins.
- Jesus let the judgment fell onto Himself, so that sinners will have an opportunity to be saved for eternity and not see decay.
- Psalms 49:15 – But God will redeem my life from the grave; he will surely take me to himself. NIV