Hallmark of God’s Kingdom (Luke 13:10-14:6)
- The Hallmark – the quality of the Gospel is all penetrating and assimilating. It moulds all institutions and tribes of men, and yet exhibit over the whole earth “One Kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ”.
- Revelation 11:15
- 15 The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said: “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will reign for ever and ever.”
- The Hallmark of God’s Kingdom is Jesus, the Christ whose heart’s intension is to live with His people.
- Safe in Christ (Luke 13:10-17) – Jesus justifies His action on the Sabbath to set people free from Satan’s bondage. The insecure can be secure in Him.
- Christ is the only Savior (Luke 13:22-30) – Jesus desires to see the last shall become first, and the first remain first.
- Christ died to save (Luke 13:31-35) – Though rejected Jesus remains faithful to His mission and to His people.
- Christ the Law compliance pleaser (Luke 14:1-6) – Jesus reveals the truth of the Law from the Father heart of God that God’s people rejoice to live under His rule.