Breakthrough in Personal Life (2 Kings 5:1-19)
When Satan tempted man in the garden, he brought into human nature several characteristics: independent from God; fear and shame because of nakedness etc. that make us slave.
1. Jesus gives us the first breakthrough.
- Breakthrough in our human nature – our old sinful nature can now enter this new life in Christ. We are no longer slaves but sons.
- John 3:3 – Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
2. To have breakthrough in life is to increase the knowledge of the presence of God.
- 2 Kings 5:15 – And he returned to the man of God, he and all his aides, and came and stood before him; and he said, “Indeed, now I know that there is no God in all the earth, except in Israel; now therefore, please take a gift from your servant.”
- 2 Kings 5:17-19 – So Naaman said, “Then, if not, please let your servant be given two mule-loads of earth; for your servant will no longer offer either burnt offering or sacrifice to other gods, but to the LORD. Yet in this thing may the LORD pardon your servant: when my master goes into the temple of Rimmon to worship there, and he leans on my hand, and I bow down in the temple of Rimmon — when I bow down in the temple of Rimmon, may the LORD please pardon your servant in this thing.” Then he said to him, “Go in peace.”
- Colossians 1:10-11 – that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;
3. Remember the Lord.
- To continue to have breakthrough in personal life is to live the rest of our life with gratitude to Christ for what He has done for us.
- Deuteronomy 8:18 – “And you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.