This world is not my home
I Peter 2:10-12
who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy. Living Before the World 11 Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, 12 having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation.
How should we live out the identity as God’s people?
- Live according to a different standard – Kingdom’s values
- Live as one who has received God’s mercy – show mercy
- Don’t be comfortable with fleshly lust
We are world changer
- In order to be change agent to the world we must first experience transformation from God and continue to be transformed by God
- We need to model God’s way of living and relating in all our relationships