Stream of Blessings
We are all “streams” in some sense…
- What we carry in our spirits will flow out through our speech, behavior, posture, or merely our presence
- God relates to us by releasing what flows out from His heart. God’s heart is always to bless:
- Generous – Romans 8:32
He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
- Loving – Romans 5:8-11
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. 10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. 11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.
- Life giving – John 4:14
but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”
Why does God bless?
- To demonstrate His love
- To confirm His covenant with us and demonstrate His faithfulness – Deuteronomy 8:18
“And you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
- To confirm God’s faithfulness and love for the lost
…Then all peoples of the earth shall see that you are called by the name of the LORD…
- That we might be blessed to become channel of blessings to others – Genesis 12:2-3
I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
Stream of Blessings
- The Great Commission is a call on the Church to be a Stream of Blessings