The Bread of Life
1. 2 Chronicle 2:4-5 – the Show Bread
Behold, I am building a temple for the name of the Lord my God, to dedicate it to Him, to burn before Him sweet incense, for the continual showbread, for the burnt offerings morning and evening, on the Sabbaths, on the New Moons, and on the set feasts of the Lord our God. This is an ordinance forever to Israel. 5 And the temple which I build will be great, for our God is greater than all gods.
• The show bread reminds us of the continual presence of God as part of the Covenantal promise
• Where God’s presence is, He speaks
2. The Bread of Life has come
John 6:33, 35
For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”…And Jesus said to them, ” I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.
• The Bread of Life is in a Person
• The presence of the Bread of Life is a sign of God’s faithfulness to His covenant to His People
• The Bread of Life gives Life
3. We who eats of It
• John 21:17
• Not only have Life ourselves, we can also feed others
• Life begets life, as we are in regular fellowship with the Lord, we feed “life” to others