What’s so powerful about forgiveness? (Luke 7:36-50)
1. What is forgiveness?
- Mat 6:12
- Forgiveness is one who is willing to let go his legal right to charge and punish the offender.
- Luke 7:42
- Forgiveness is grace.
2. The power of forgiveness.
- Bind together ( Mat 6:14-15)
- Forgiveness brings peace in our relationship with God, our own being and others.
- Forgiveness brings in love (Luke 7:42-43, 47)
- The more we experience God’s forgiveness, the more we can love God and express our love through our actions toward man.
3. Way to receive forgiveness.
- Recognize, repent and believe (Luke 7:48-50)
- We need to repent of our sinfulness, experience the sacrificial love through the cross, believing we are forgiven, and then we will be able to love and committed to Christ.