Praying for our spiritual leaders
- The now famous staff began life as a walking stick! To help Moses walk on uneven ground, but later it turned into an instrument of divine power and authority to fulfil God’s purposes on earth.
- OT prophets called it a staff
- Kings and rulers called it a scepter
- King David – ‘your rod and staff comfort me’ Ps 23
- Elisha used it to raise the dead boy of the Shunamite woman 2 Kings 4:29
- God will rule the nations with a ‘rod of iron’ Ps 2:9; Rev 2:27
- Moses’ prayers accomplished so much but he still needed someone to supporti him in prayer!
- Even Jesus needed friends to pray for him in his greatest need Matt 26: 36-46
- Paul pleaded with the churches to pray for him – ‘partner in the gospel’
- Will you ‘lay down your life’ for a short time each week to pray for our spiritual leaders? John 15:13